Bread Upon The Waters Ministry
Purpose and Strategy
This ministry exists to share a four part message with the entire Christian world and anyone else who will listen. The message is summed up in the title of the Home Page, which is also displayed above: Jesus REALLY coming soon. BE READY!!! The Bread is the message. The Waters are the people. The strategy of this ministry is to get the message out, with no concern for immediate response, in accordance with Ecclesiastes 11:1. This message is a warning, and warnings are never popular, no matter how timely or well given they may be. Furthermore, the message will be communicated in as many formats and through as many channels as possible, in accordance with Ecclesiastes 11:2.
This ministry is not presently officially linked to any Church, Denomination, or Para-Church Ministry. It is basically, and independently, Bible-believing Christian!!! Bread Upon The Waters is primarily the desktop publishing and personal networking operation, of one person, William D. Brehm, but it is supported by a number of other people. It is unofficially linked with other Christians and groups that are helping, in whatever way, to pass the message on.
This Ministry is unofficially supported by Moriel, the international teaching and evangelism Ministry of James Jacob Prasch. He has particularly endorsed the "BABEL RISING!" section of The Main Message.
This Ministry is also had the unofficial support of the pastor of the author's church, the Church of Christ at Greenpoint, for which this site hosts several Web pages. The pastor agrees, in particular, with the views expressed in the page "A Mountain Burning With Fire".
The ministry is also supported to a lesser degree by a number of other Christians.
The International Prayer Network
Bread Waters is also operating an International Prayer Network, to provide mutual support for all those who are involved in passing on the Main Message. A special section of pages provide foundational teaching on prayer for this ministry, beginning with Prayer Wars. Members are invited to submit prayer requests and report answers to prayer, which are posted on the respective pages. If you would like to join, contact the author at the e-mail address at the bottom of this page.
If you explore this sight, you will find several pages included that are not written by William D. Brehm. These are guest pages that were written by supporters of this ministry, and are in harmony with the Main Message. Anyone supportive of this ministry is invited to submit articles for posting on this site. They can be sent to him at the s-mail address below or at the e-mail address at the bottom of the page. They do not have to be in html format; William will gladly do whatever conversion and formatting are necessary.
About William D. Brehm
William D. Brehm was born in 1943, the son of a fundamentalist Baptist minister, the late Rev. Joseph H. Brehm Sr. William has been a Born Again Christian since late 1967. He has spent over 3/4 of that time, as a layman, in some kind of ongoing ministry work. This has included 30+ years of experience (net) in teaching weekly adult Bible classes. His background has further included a wide variety of ministry experience, ranging from washing dishes for a program that fed the homeless to staging weekly outdoor evangelistic concerts right in the middle of Times Square, NYC. He has been employed by several churches and one para-church ministry. He has also done volunteer work for a number of others. He has also been employed as a mail clerk in the offices of two large companies, but he is now retired. He is devoting most of his free time to the pursuit of this ministry and voluntary ministry work in his church.
He can be reached by s-mail at:
Bread Upon The Waters Ministry
199 North Henry St.
Brooklyn, NY 11222
About His Theological Position
- He believes in everything stated in the Apostles Creed.
- He believes in the plenary, word-for-word Divine inspiration of the original texts of the entire Bible. He believes that the God is the true Author of the Bible, and that it is the final authority on all matters of faith, doctrine, and moral conduct.
- He believes in the Great Tribulation, the Post-Tribulation Rapture of the surviving saints, preceded by the Resurrection of the Martyrs.
- He believes in the Millennium, the 1000 year reign of Christ on earth, during which time the physical nation of Israel and the Church will be merged into one Body.
- He believes that all the Gifts of the Holy Spirit are still active and available to the Church.
- He believes that division in the Body of Christ is an abomination to God.
He Does Not Believe:
- In the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church. He believes that this doctrine, among others, such as Preterism, Amillennialism and Dominion Theology, is setting many Christians up for a terrible surprise.
- In Replacement Theology, that is, he does not believe that the Church has replaced material Israel in God's sight, and that the Jews are no longer God's Chosen People.
- In either an extreme Calvinistic or Arminian doctrine of salvation.
- The teaching that says that a person who has received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit will absolutely speak in tongues as a sign thereof.
- That Christians should live lives that are focused on manifestations of sign gifts.
For His complete testimony, see
"Why I Believe"
What Is The Message?
In several passages in the Gospels, Jesus gave warnings about the necessity of being ready for His Coming. Since these warnings were addressed to His closest followers, William D. Brehm concludes that just being a Christian doesn't necessarily make you ready. From study of the Scriptures, he has identified four requirements that must be satisfied by any Christian who wants to be assured of being ready, two "shoulds", one "should not', and one "must". They are:
- The Christian should really expect the Second Coming and watch for it. To put it in more theological terms, He should seriously believe in the imminence of the Second Coming and stay alert to the "signs of the times". To put it the way Jesus said it, every Christian should "watch!" Unfortunately, many Christians today do not.
- The Christian should have a Scripturally accurate idea of what is going to happen. There has been so much difference of opinion about this that whatever actually happens will absolutely be other than what most Christians expect. Many Christians have never really studied the subject; they just blindly accept whatever they are taught. Or they are oblivious to the issue.
- The Christian should not focus on material preparations. There is concrete reason to believe that material preparations may be anywhere from of little value to worse than worthless.
- Above all, the Christian must be prepared spiritually. The overwhelming message of the Bible is that only being prepared spiritually is certain to help.
In the Main Message pages of this Web Site, as well as supporting pages under "Other Important Topics" all three requirements are treated in depth.
- Jesus REALLY is coming soon. BE READY!!! Lays a doctrinal foundation for the three sections that follow, and answers several major relevant questions.
- BABEL RISING! Presents reasons why we should expect the Second Coming in our time that aren't part of what is normally considered Second Coming Prophecy. These reasons are based on the story of the Tower of Babel and how it relates to our times.
- The Great Tribulation tells what will happen during that time; first to Christians, and then to the world as a whole. It takes the position that the Book of Revelation has preeminent authority over the other Books of the Bible in the matter of Second Coming Prophecy.
- Strangers and Pilgrims on the Earth is teaching on what is required of Christians who want to be ready spiritually, and also gives advice to those who find themselves in the Tribulation and realize that they weren't ready. It is based on the three Parables of Matthew 25 and what Jesus said to the Church of Laodicea in Revelation 3:18. Jesus did not say "Be ready" and leave it at that. He gave us clear instructions on how to be ready. These pages expound on what He told us to do.
It is not the desire nor purpose of this ministry that anyone make what is said in the first three sections of the message a matter of faith. This writer knows that he could be wrong. (Of course he thinks he is right, or he wouldn't be doing this.) What is desired, especially for the second and third sections, is that Christians everywhere at least know about the message. If it turns out to be true, that will enable all who know about it to realize that what has happened was the fulfillment of prophecy, that is, if the Second Coming indeed happens soon, and the Great Tribulation begins in the way described. The Bible says that "it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth" (Luke 21:35). And that includes Christians! The ultimate goal of this ministry is that at least for some Christians, it will be a snare they will be prepared to escape.
It is advised that Christians take as a matter of faith what is said in the fourth section. It has been affirmed by several Christian leaders that it is nothing but sound doctrine. By the context of the key Scriptures, what is taught must be put into practice by any Christian who wants to be ready. And this will hold true regardless of what actually happens.
This Web Site also includes an Other Important Topics section, featuring a collection of articles on topics directly or indirectly relevant to the Main Message.
YOU CAN HELP
It is the goal of this ministry that the entire Church, that is, the entire Christian world, should know at least the main points of this message. Although the message of this ministry will be spread via the mass media, particularly the Internet, this will not fully achieve this goal. There are many Christians who are not on the Internet and never will be. Therefore, if you, having read the message, think it is worth taking seriously, then you are asked to help by passing the message on to others. Print out the pages containing the main message and give them to other Christians to read. Make as many copies as you wish. If enough Christians do this, the whole Christian world will hear about this in less time than you would think possible. And the ministry will be a true movement of the Holy Spirit, and not a commercial promotion.
As shown above, some Christians are already helping. You are asked to do it, too.
(Bear in mind, however, that the message is copyrighted, so don't make any changes or sign anyone else's name to them.)
May the Lord bless you in visiting this Site.
Back to Home Page Other Important Topics What's New? Links Page
Contact Webmaster: William D. Brehm at email@example.com
Copyright ©1997, William D. Brehm