Who Has The TRUTH?
adapted from an open letter from
Bread Upon The Waters
|Editor's Introduction: This page is presented as a complimentary article to the "What's Worth Arguing About" page (which see). As stated elsewhere in this site, a major point of the Message of this Ministry is that most Christians will not be ready when the Tribulation begins. One of the major failures of the modern Church that will contribute to this is all the division that is allowed to exist, particularly all the arguing about doctrine. The "What's Worth Arguing About" page mainly presents the problem. This page expounds the Biblical solution. It is a solution that all Christians who want to be ready should apply to their lives.|
The church has been arguing about the TRUTH for nearly 2,000 years. Since the Reformation, we now have 26,000 denominations of Christianity in The World. In Korea, there are 1,000 denominations of Presbyterians. AMAZING. It seems that no one can agree on the TRUTH.
1 Corinthians 1:10: "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment".
1 Corinthians 11:18: "For first, when ye come together in assembly, I hear there exist divisions among you, and I partly give credit to it".
1 Corinthians 12:25: "....that there might be no division in the body, but that the members might have the same concern one for another.
Let's see, what can contend, wrangle or argue about:
(1) Continuance of spiritual gifts
(2) Lordship Salvation versus "Only Believe"
(3) Method of Baptism, Children Baptized
(4) Pre Tribulation or Post Tribulation Rapture of the Church
(5) Prosperity - God wants you rich, God wants you poor
(6) Tithing or No Tithing
(7) Drink Alcohol or Abstain
(8) Women wear coverings or not
(9) Divorce and Remarriage
Now I believe the ONLY item listed above worth contending about is related to salvation - "Lordship salvation" versus "Only Believe". The other issues are secondary in my opinion. Will they make or break a person's salvation, I don't think so.
YES, I want to know the TRUTH concerning these issues, BUT, there is another knowledge that is more important to me. These are not doctrines of the church. The only way to learn and KNOW these things is to SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD. The Holy Spirit of God is the teacher of these TRUTHS. If you can teach me these things then I am all ears. I want to learn and KNOW these things. These are the things I want to KNOW. I would guess that you are the same and these are the desires of your heart. I KNOW one thing, I can't learn them from a book.
I only want to KNOW Jesus and be found in Him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith. This is the only thing that is essential. You could have all TRUTH about the above subjects and not KNOW Jesus and where would you be ?
(1) I want to KNOW the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge. Can you teach me this ?
(2) I want to KNOW Jesus, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Teach me this and I will listen.
(3) I really want to KNOW nothing but Jesus and Him crucified. Is not this the cry of your heart ? I want to say like Paul, " But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world". ( Gal 6:14).
(4) I want to KNOW His voice and to follow Him. I want to KNOW Jesus and be known by Him. I want Jesus to call me by name and I want to follow Him forever. Is this not what you also what to KNOW ?
(5) I want to KNOW how to LOVE (Agape) the brethren.
I don't KNOW these things as I should. This is the KNOWLEDGE I want. How about you ? I would venture to say that your heart also aches for these things in prayer.
Now, if you want to contend for the Word of God, let's concentrate on this type of KNOWLEDGE.... Teach me please, don't blast me.
In conclusion, I would rather KNOW Jesus and be KNOWN by Him. I don't want to fight with other people who put their faith in Jesus for their salvation. You would just disagree with what was said and where would we be ? I will however, fight and contend and strive with/for people who don't know Jesus ...
Look back to the things that I want to KNOW and seek after and think whether you desire the same things....
Contact Webmaster, William D. Brehm; firstname.lastname@example.org